Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Salle De Bains :: The Cafe' Bathroom







I realized today, that I have yet to show y'all the bathroom off our basement cafe':
Cafe' de Sous Sol (which means Basement Coffee house).

For shame!

Well, here it is!


The door to the right, with the coffee filter wreath on it, is the entrance to the cafe'.


I like zebra print. Do you?




It's a bitty bathroom.
Done on a bitty budget.
One of the simplest ways to add character and charm to any space is by using vintage accessories.
I find most of mine at yard sales or thrift stores
They give a home that cozy, lived-in feeling.


Here's what it looked like when my Gram moved out.




Here's what it looks like now.



Before.
(The toilet seat being up really makes the after picture that much more breathtaking!
Doncha think?)




After.



Before.




After.



The antique corner shelf was given to me by a sweet friend.
The home made shower curtain came from Good Will, I think it was $6-ish.
I gave it to a friend who liked it, and it didn't work in her home, so she gave it back.
I am so glad!
I used clip/hooks to hang it on the lip of the top of the shower.
(The fabric is "Pen Pal" by Waverly).


Good Will tea pot missing its lid with some yard sale silk florals.
My mom brought me the antique curling iron, used by her mom, in the 1920's.
It was heated over open flame! Ouch!


Soaps covered in coordinating scrapbook paper.


I found these Avon perfume busts 
(the label underneath reads: AVON 18th Century Classic Figurine "Young Girl" and "Young Boy")
at Salvation Army for $1.50 each!
Under the cloche is a small silver urn holding primping tools.


Sign found at a Thrift Store in Williamsburg, VA, when my beefcake and I went on a get-away.


On the Beach by Eduoard Manet 1873; Musée d'Orsay, Paris
$8 Craigslist find.


This sorta creepy-looking bunny came from a client, it is a planter.
(I like it, though, my hubby's and my nicknames for each other are "bunny").
I filled it with this fluffy fern to hide something.


The drain pipe, which will need to be drywalled before we list to sell.
Isn't this a cool stool?
Yard sale. Original milk paint and cork seat.
The zebra rug is also a yard sale! $4.00. 




The print here and on the toilet came from The Graphics Fairy.


I covered the free (given to me by another friend) hook in more scrapbook paper.


More yard sales items.
I don't think anything in this bathroom is new.



Wait. I lied.
The light is new, but it was on clearance for $14.
The mirror was $5. at another yard sale.



You can create lovely and cozy rooms and stay out of debt while doing it.
You just gotta know where to shop!



You give abundant showers, O God;
   you refresh your weary 
people.
Psalm 68:9


.

Partying with these ladies:

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Zimbio
My Ping in TotalPing.com