Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Miss College Girl's Bedroom is Done!





This room took since last Fall to complete (as if rooms are ever really completed).


Why did it take so long??
Because I collected things over a period of time and added them as I found them.
And because it was done on a budget and madeover and redesigned with:
a) things we already had
b) things found at Goodwill or on the curb (someone else's trash)
c) paying cash only
or
d) heirloom pieces.


I completed the room...
after I saw this Pottery Barn inspiration photo, and AFTER I found the duvet and shams 
for $5 at the Goodwill bins/clearance center, here in town...





...and after I found this curby and painted it Heirloom White...



What is a curby?
(Here's my definition):
It is an abandoned, neglected, unwanted, discarded item, that used to be treasured by the owner 
of the home's curb on which the item has been placed.
It becomes a curby find, when the finder, a passerby, retrieves the item and makes it useful once again.

...and after I found this Regency Occasional Hickory Chair at Goodwill for $5...




(and added this to it, after I read THIS POST.)




...and after I found this brass lamp for $6 at Miracle Hill and a shade at Wal-Mart for $14.




...and after I painted this frame at y'all's suggestions.




Here's what the room looked like, right before Miss S left for college.














And as of today:





The heirloom table got painted and distressed, at your requests.







The armoire on this side of the room got sold on Craigslist...



and replaced with my great-grandmother's dresser.



Peek-a-boo! I see you in the mirror!



I found this jewelry box mirror at Goodwill. It was black.




Yardsale flowers in vintage yardsale teapot.




The $5 chair got $3 sample painted and $1.50 furred.





This is Tinsel, the sock monkey. He is waiting.



Not for the house to be listed and sold. But, rather, for a girl.



From South Korea. A foreign exchange student named Hyo-Jin.
She will be here in July, Tinsel.
This will be her room, too.
Tinsel is smiling.








God divinely interrupted our plans with His heart for us to host Hyo-Jin through next June.
Guess we'll sell the house after that!

Until she arrives, the room waits.
So do we.
Anxiously. Excitedly!

~

If you haven't yet, or tried yesterday and the commenting system wasn't working,
please enter my Vintage-Inspired Cottage Giveaway through this Sunday (5/29) night.











Sharing this space with Houseography's Guest Room Link-Up Party!
..

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Zimbio
My Ping in TotalPing.com