Friday, September 3, 2010

Redesigning and Staging Miss College Girl's Room


Hi, all you brilliant, creative, stylish, frugal ladies!
(Like how I flatter you because I want something?)

You will have the power to change the course of Miss College girl's room,
and its decor. I want to know what you think.

Miss College girl, or Miss S, is now living in her dorm room.

Here's my dilemma, and what we have so far.
And here are some photos along with that dilemma.

Her room when it is nice and neat:







See the "cool" mirrors stuck to the wall?



I have decluttered the room, patched the holes in the walls, and am about to 
prime over the lovely Apple Green paint.

It looks like this today.


All these patches are to cover holes left from removing 1" and 2" mirrors that were really "cool"
before I started removing them.


The room will be getting the all-white ceiling fan on the chair (thanks, mom!),
the closet door will go back on.
The armoire and nightstand can stay or go.


See the darker paint patches in the closet?
I will be painting the room the color on the right.


Believable Buff-Sherwin Williams.
A closer picture.
The color on the right.


I need to tell you, that starting with Miss S's room, 
we are in the beginning stages of staging our house to sell it.
Our plan is to have it ready to list in January 2012.
God may have other plans? Who knows!
We'd like to move to downtown Greenville, and into a bungalow or Craftsman-style home.

It seems like a long time away, but I counted 32 spaces that need staging.
This includes closets/hallways/porches/deck, so it will take awhile.

So, we are working with Believable Buff.


Lucky y'all, you get to follow me along as I stage our house!
Whoopie, right?

So, here's the dilemma.
I found yet another goodie by the side of the road!
Another curby find.
Here she is:




 I also found this POTTERY BARN bedding(!) at the Good Will Clearance Center
where everything is weighed by the pound ($1.19 here).
The queen duvet cover and two pillow shams, at 4 pounds, including tax, cost $5.09!!


Notice the scrolly white headboard!
I love this picture!



A close-up of the embroidery.
It is a pale grey-teal.
The curtains that I'll use are a solid pale-grey-teal satin that match the blue in the bedding.



Did I mention the dilemma yet?
I don't think so!
Okay.
Here it is.

Do I sell the oak headboard that is already in her room on Craigslist 
and paint the headboard I found WHITE-ish, like the PB picture
or do I paint the oak headboard white or leave it wood, and sell the scrolly headboard?

In other words, which headboard?
Any other thoughts?


I have an idea of what I'd like to do, but what would YOU do?











.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Zimbio
My Ping in TotalPing.com