Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Vintage Silver Tray and Berry Garland Fall Wreath


Did you know, that the 22nd of September,
(at 10:09 P.M.) 
is ACTUALLY the FIRST day of Fall?
Yep, it is the Autumnal Equinox.

I am not even really in the Autumn "mood" yet.
But, the calendar tells me to be. Whether I like it or not!
So, here's my first submission for Fall decor.


I made a wreath last year, that I didn't remember making 
until I got the box out of the loft in the garage today...

I might have finally gotten to the age where I can't remember
from one year to the next 
what's in each box.
It's either unfortunate, 
or a good thing because 
each year the contents are new to me all over again!!

Please, someone tell me I am not the only one who does this!


Here she is:


Hydrangeas from my tree outside.
I wrote about How to Dry Hydrangeas.




I found a reticulated (pierced, open-work on the sides) tray
at Salvation Army (I do remember doing THAT):




Sewed one of these to the outside of the tray.





with thread.





Added a ribbon bow.





And a hanger.





Added a vintage postcard I printed on my own printer.

And tied it on with jute string.




Go see these sites for free printable Autumn ephemera to use:



You must then
paint your front door red.




Come on in!




I move it inside, too, because I like seeing the wreath, too!





So, set a spell with me--I'd offer you some cider,
but the weather's still too darn-tootin' HOT here in South Carolina!

We could turn the A/C way down and pretend it's a little nippy, if you like.

Happy Autumnal Equinox!

Happy Fall, finally.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Zimbio
My Ping in TotalPing.com